Niagara College Canada has received CA$60,000 from the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) for a new Spirit of Inclusion Initiative Bursary. The bursary would enable the college to advance equitable representation in the beverage alcohol industry,
Students who self-identify as women from a diverse background currently underrepresented in the beverage alcohol industry, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), will benefit from the financial support.
- Niagara College Canada welcomed the CA$60,000 donation from the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
- The donation will be used to establish a new LCBO Spirit of Inclusion Initiative Bursary for underrepresented students.
- Four students will be the first beneficiaries of the bursary this fall, one from each college’s beverage programs.
The Canadian Food and Wine Institute at Niagara College is renowned for its outstanding reputation with graduates, employers, and industry partners.
Niagara College provides a hands-on learning environment to students with facilities such as the Benchmark Restaurant, Teaching Brewery, Teaching Winery, Teaching Distillery, Greenhouse/Nursery, hop yard, apiary, and vineyards. It also has a world-class faculty.
The college is a partner of the LCBO Spirit of Inclusion Initiative, establishing mentorship, bursaries, and continued education for diverse women looking to begin or advance their training in the brewery, winery, and distillery fields.
Niagara College has welcomed the donation from the initiative, which will provide much-needed financial support for students.
This fall, four students, one from each of the college’s beverage programs, will be the first to be awarded the LCBO Spirit of Inclusion Initiative bursaries.
The bursaries will cover tuition and ancillary program costs, including:
- CA$9,773 for an Artisan Distilling student (one-year program);
- CA$9,653 for a Winery and Viticulture Technician student (to be dispersed over two years of the program);
- CA$8,448 for a Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management student (to be disbursed over two years of the program); and
- CA$5,261 for a Beverage Business Management student (a new one-year program launched in September 2021).
Once the bursaries are distributed at Niagara College this fall, the balance of the funds will be available to award additional recipients during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Abcodo is an MSM company that serves as the in-house recruitment partner of MSM Unify, a student recruitment and marketing platform that connects partner schools to top-tier agents and their students worldwide. Sign up now to get the latest updates and information on international student recruitment.